SME Property Underwriting Co-op (Winter 2023)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6239
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
YOUR NEXT CO-OP PLACEMENT
Work term: Winter (January 9, 2023, Start Date)
Work term length: 4-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What you’ll be doing:
Working as an integral part in Head Office, this Co-op placement will play a critical role in contributing to meeting key business deliverables. You will have the ability to develop professional experience using spreadsheets, databases, and underwriting systems.
Duties may also include research to support product and pricing development in all Canadian provinces. Assistance may be required with the gathering of data to complete competitive analysis to ensure alignment with our product offerings. Responsibilities would also include interaction and collaboration with other various teams (Commercial Insurance, IT, Actuarial, Analytics, etc) within Definity; and other various duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Access
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- Ability to perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Did you know?
- We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
- We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
- We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighbourhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
- Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
- Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
- Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
- Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
- Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
Visit www.definityfinancial.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Work Location: Hybrid (Waterloo or Toronto locations, https://www.economical.com/en/contact-us/regional-offices)
How to apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and transcript