Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leader’s partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Deliver superior customer service when assisting Brokers with inquiries pertaining to products and pricing, billing and payments
- Educate and provide guidance to incoming Broker calls on system navigation and workflow advice
- Communicate rationale relative to potential changes to risk selection, products and guidelines as well as premium dislocation
- Prepare and distribute coverage-based premium quotations and proposals to producers during a transition period
- Effectively collaborate towards best business decision with both our broker partners and our business units within Economical (i.e. Business Development, Customer Accounts, Regional Underwriting)
- Assist brokers with inquiries pertaining to products and pricing
- Handle incoming broker inquiries and requests for systems support and workflow advice
- Upon acknowledgment that an inquiry requires further escalation, the Analyst would document and refer to the appropriate Escalation team
- Determines whether to write/accept a particular risk and the appropriate pricing, coverage and contract provisions
- Orders and reviews third party reports (credit reports, MVR) and data for inclusion with submission, where necessary
What do you bring to the role?
- 1 years of Commercial Underwriting experience
- CIP designation, or a commitment to completing the CIP is required
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and negation skills Service focused with a positive helpful attitude
- Excellent communication and people skills. Strong listener with the ability to anticipate and understand the customer's needs. Successfully maneuvers difficult conversations with ease while exercising empathy, patience, professionalism and the use of positive language.
- Excellent degree of knowledge of Economical's IRCA insurance product and coverages. Full understanding of Economical's IRCA product manuals.
- A sound working knowledge of Guidewire.
- Goal oriented focus, persuasion skills, ability to communicate effectively under pressure
- Demonstrates accountability to provide resolution.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working in a contact centre or shared service environment
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).