Job ID : 6214
Category : Enterprise Project Management Office
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leader’s partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
The Senior Agile Project Manager will lead large, complex, business-critical initiatives encompassing technology and business work steams within the Cybersecurity domain. This role will focus on project delivery across a number of Cybersecurity technology areas including Network, Encryption and others.
What can you expect in this role?
• The Senior Project Manager understands and is an expert in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
• Responsible for the development of an Integrated Project/Sprint Plan and successful delivery of confirmed scope on time and on budget.
• Effectively serve/engage leadership, Product Owners and Development Teams to assist in the delivery on their respective KPIs
• Coordinate project team/POD activities and expectations, including collaboration with all project stakeholders from other Economical areas, internal and external consultants, contractors, vendors, and external regulatory organizations
• Identify, manage, and monitor risks, assumptions, blockers, impediments, constraints, and internal and cross-track dependencies
• Adopt an established governance model, guiding principles, foundational processes, and procedures, to ensure consistent project delivery practices
• Work with Finance and project sponsors to track delivery costs and determine benefits realization post implementation
• Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams including Architects, Designers, Developers, Business Analysts, Technical Testers as well as business and IT leadership
• Collaborate with other Program Leads to ensure Portfolio level interdependencies are understood and managed. Coach teams to effectively build and sustain their own strong collaborative culture.
What do you bring to the role?
• University Degree or College Diploma in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline; SAFe Agile, CSM, PMP designations are is an asset
• 5+ years of Project Management and Technical Delivery experience with an emphasis on Cybersecurity, governance, risk management, financial management and stakeholder management
• Experience leading teams using project management tools and techniques, both Agile and Milestone-based/Waterfall.
• Able to confidently provide effective written and verbal updates to senior leadership and stakeholders.
• Experience working with large system integrators or outsourced IT service providers is an asset
• Responsible for the development of an Integrated Project/Sprint Plan, roadmaps and successful delivery of confirmed scope on time and on budget.
• Experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry and its related practices and processes is an asset
• Experience with Jira/Confluence, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Project, resource management and tracking tools (e.g., Clarity)
• A critical thinker, works well under pressure and performs well in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).