Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leader’s partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Reporting to the Director, Claims Continuous Improvement, this innovative, improvement obsessed leader will help transform Claims at Definity Insurance. As a Senior Continuous Improvement Lead you will play a critical role in leading strategic improvement initiatives that measurably and sustainably improve the organization. This role will help Claims achieve strategic goals related to: operational excellence, customer experience, and cost management.
What can you expect in this role?
- Work with Claims Transformation and LOB leaders to identify, prioritize and select improvement opportunities.
- Lead and facilitate improvement projects from initial planning, through to implementation, sustain, and close out, ensuring project timelines, deliverables and benefits are achieved.
- Ensure project alignment, sponsor commitment, and participation of required resources through the project lifecycle.
- Use your transformation and improvement expertise to understand current state baseline performance, identifying key requirements, gaps, waste, and design opportunities.
- Develop potential solutions and design new processes to meet or exceed customer expectations, business requirements and project objectives.
- Meet with and communicate to LOB leaders and teams as appropriate regarding project findings, activities, and plans.
- Work with business partners to plan and execute implementation of new designs, including communications, change management, risk management, process, and technical change planning
What do you bring to the role?
- Innovative, strategic, and critical thinker who challenges the status quo
- Knowledge and hands-on expertise using one or more of the following tools and systems is required: Systems Thinking, Agile/Scrum, Lean, Design Thinking.
- Highly collaborative, inclusive, and welcoming of different perspectives, and skilled at conflict resolution
- Team player with the strong influencing and relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw insights, understand the 'so what' and see related opportunities
- Highly proficient with excel, Visio, and other similar analysis and mapping tools.
- Superior facilitation and coaching skills to bring out the best in team members, create an environment that is highly collaborative
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, including the ability to present data and information in a compelling way, and tailoring delivery to a variety of audiences
- Strong project management capabilities, including experience with agile methodologies
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, able navigate ambiguity, and effectively prioritize among multiple demands
- Independent, self-motivated, and resourceful
- University degree and 10+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Relevant industry experience, especially property and casualty claims, is an asset.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).