Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leader’s partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Facilitate collaborative sessions with diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, impact analysis, identify influencer groups, review and prioritize
- Participate in various Agile ceremonies, alongside the Platform/Product Owner
- Writing and developing user stories, acceptance criteria and leading the overall requirements activities for medium to large initiatives
- Develop use cases, defining and documenting processes and workflows, and how each class of user interacts with each system function
- Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation to support future initiatives
- Writing verbose API Specification and working with QE to ensure API’s are thoroughly tested
- Provide ongoing requirements/build/testing support to the developers and QA team
- Maintains an overall understanding of all changes impacting Microservices and Integration platform, including vendor, and external implementations outside of portfolio
What do you bring to the role?
- 5-10 years of relevant career BA/BSA experience in an Agile environment. Knowledge of P&C Insurance is an asset. Preference also provided for Insurance / Banking/Financial industry. Expert at requirements gathering, documentation, testing and developing high level plans
- Exposure with API’s/Microservices architecture
- Experience in data mapping between applications is a plus
- Knowledge of Guidewire PolicyCenter, BillingCenter or any other Policy Admin systems / Underwriting systems is an asset.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with UML Diagrams: Use case diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Business process Model, and prototypes, wireframes using Microsoft Visio and Lucid Chart
- Excellent communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
- Organized with the ability to quickly prioritize and effectively handle critical issues or competing priorities; move with agility from one task to another
- Ability to effectively facilitate collaborative sessions with large and diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, analysis, and review
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation and tenacity to get the job done
- Adept in Waterfall, Iterative and/or Agile environments
- Proficiency in MS Office, JIRA and Confluence
- This role can be in Kitchener or Toronto
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and resume.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).