What can you expect in this role?
- You’ll assess, accept, and decline new business submissions
- You’ll re-underwrite and negotiate renewals, and policy endorsements
- You’ll negotiate the terms and conditions of risk acceptance with brokers in writing, by telephone, electronic mail or in person
- You’ll develop and maintain positive broker relations
- You’ll participate in production calls on brokerage offices, as required
- You’ll provide technical support to brokers
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in any discipline or a 2-year diploma from a publicly recognized and funded college or a completed CIP designation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Commercial Lines underwriting
- Prior experience is establishing and maintain excellent relationships brokers
- Strong analytical skills; able to quickly interpret data, information, reports
- Proven ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
- You are professional, friendly, and courteous in all interactions, with both customers and co-workers
- You perform well in a busy environment and remains calm under pressure
- Have strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
- You can weigh many complex factors to ultimately make sound decisions, and explain your rationale
- Your strong work ethic drives you to take on challenges and see them through to completion
- You collaborate well will others, sharing your ideas, and listening to and integrating those of others
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).