Product Owner, Digital Claims Transformation (Quebec)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5991
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Product Owner – Digital Claims Transformation- (Quebec)
The claims organization is looking to hire multiple Product Owners as part of a series of transformational projects related shifting our claims processes to a full digital experience for our customers. You’ll be part of this exciting team supporting multiple lines of business from Auto, Property, Fraud, Administration, Appraisals and Casualty on their digital transformation journey. You’ll play a critical role in helping drive digital customer-driven designs and position Definity Insurance as a digital leader amongst our competitors and for our customers
What you’ll be doing:
• Champion customer-driven design considering user pain points and usability test results to realize a product that is both user-centered and creates an exceptional customer experience
• Collaborate with other POs, and the Senior Product Owner to integrate knowledge of the enterprise sub-function overarching strategy in developing solutions across multiple functions or operations
• Drive sprint and release plans together with the Scrum Master and the Tech Leads and other team members Own the Product backlog, maintaining user stories backlog 3 to 4 sprints ahead
• Drive user story prioritization based on business value and customer needs
• Interpret internal/external business challenges and the industry environment to recommend course of action and best practices to improve products, processes or services
• Continuously solicit customer feedback, negotiating where necessary to ensure predetermined business value and vision are being considered in product delivery
• Exercise strong decision making, owning product from discovery through market implementation and beyond
• Communicate difficult concepts; convert information into compelling business context and advice to influence and gain alignment among increasingly senior stakeholders
• Promote the product during key moments (e.g., internal events,) and supports the SPO during syndication efforts
• Embody a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust in the squad
What do you bring to the role?
• Bilingual in English and French
• Bachelors degree in a related field
• Experience in product development support based on deep product expertise in Agile/Scrum processes, roles and practices
• Knowledge of project management and agile lifecyle mgmt. tolls (eg. JIRA, Confluence, MS project)
• Ability to drive the 'big picture' strategies while keeping an eye on details
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders; strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills
• Creative, innovative, and critical thinker with a genuine excitement for solving problems within the business and has a strong sense of empathy for customers
Nice to have:
• Previous Full cycle project leadership experience with direct accountability for executing projects in large and complex environments
• Deep experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry and its related practices and processes in Quebec
• CSPO Designation an asset
• Project Management or Agile Certification an asset
• Good understanding of P&C licensing & regulatory requirements in Quebec
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).