Access Analyst Co-op (Winter 2023)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6123
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
YOUR NEXT CO-OP PLACEMENT
Work term: Winter (January 9, 2023)
Work term length: 4-month or 8-month or 12-month or 16-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
The Access Analyst co-op executes the processes and procedures to manually provision and de-provision access for individuals both internal and external to the organization. They are responsible for ensuring proper approvals are in place and that access is enabled/disabled in a timely fashion based on the nature of the request. They are also responsible for monitoring automated provisioning workflows, producing reports and metrics, and handling exception approval processes when required. They are also responsible for troubleshooting access issues. The incumbent strives towards operational improvements and excellence and works with the team to identify opportunities to improve process, standards and tools in their function.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensuring proper approvals are in place and that access is enabled/disabled in a timely fashion based on the nature of the request.
- Monitoring automated provisioning workflows, producing reports and metrics, and handling exception approval processes when required.
- Troubleshooting access issues.
- Executes the processes and procedures to manually provision and de-provision access for individuals both internal and external to the organization
- Access Process Stewardship
- Executes the Access processes and procedures to enable/disable access for Economical employees, brokers and others as required
- Follows all controls and gates within the processes, ensuring proper approvals have been obtained prior to granting of access
- Participates in the facilitation of attestation/certification events that occur periodically
- Process Improvement
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in processes, standards, tools, policies, etc. and shares them with his/her team in order to improve service delivery, reduce risk, cut costs and otherwise support business strategy
- Quickly adapts to new and modified processes and procedures
What you bring
- Working towards a university Degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in Information Technology, Microsoft Active Directory, Linux and AIX
- Experience in access management
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Relevant industry-related certifications are considered an asset. For example: CISSP or GIAC equivalent
- Experience with the following technologies / tools / concepts / methodologies related to security is an asset:
- Identity Access Management
- Strives towards operational improvements and excellence and works with the team to identify opportunities to improve process, standards and tools in their function
- Is aware of Economical Corporate Security policies and overall Security best practices and notifies leadership of anything that is at risk of breaching these policies and practices
- Acts as a security ambassador within the organization, helping others understand the importance of security and bringing about awareness
Did you know?
- We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
- We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
- We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighbourhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
- Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
- Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
- Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
- Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
- Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
Visit www.definityfinancial.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Work Location: Kitchener, ON or Toronto, ON
How to apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and transcript
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).