Project Coordinator Co-op (Winter 2023)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6095
Category : Enterprise Project Management Office
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
YOUR NEXT CO-OP PLACEMENT
Work term: Winter (January 9, 2023 Start Date)
Work term length: 4-month, 8-month or 12-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
Reporting to the AVP, Agile Business Transformation and receiving day to day coaching and guidance from Project & Program Managers, you'll work collaboratively with various project and technology teams to deliver quality and value to our business.
What you'll be doing:
- Setup project spaces in Jira & Confluence
- Perform Health Check Audits for projects
- Update Agile CoE site on SharePoint
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, schedules, governance, budgets, and status reports • Liaise with Sponsors & Product Owners to identify and define requirements, scope, and objectives
- Ensure business needs are met at all stages of a project, adapting to new requirements as they arise
- Act as the point of contact and be responsible for communication of project information to all participants and stakeholders
- Planning and Execution of all project phases in support of Project & Program Managers
- Chair meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members and stakeholders
- Keep the project manager apprised of emerging risks, issues, schedule and quality concerns
What you bring:
- Currently enrolled in a university degree in Business, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Project management or other related fields
- Previous coop experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project • Experience with JIRA & Confluence is an asset
- Interested in obtaining PMI certifications (e.g. PMP, CAPM, ACP)
- Self driven, able to move tasks & projects forward independently and with personal accountability
- Team player and excellent collaborator, able to both lead & participate to develop solutions with strong customer focus
- Adaptive and Agile, able to rapidly pivot your efforts between multiple priorities as business needs change to deliver value to our customers
Did you know?
We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighbourhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
Visit www.definityfinancial.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Work location: Hybrid and flexible office location (Kitchener/Waterloo)
How to apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and transcript
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).