Software Engineering - Intern
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6140
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Part Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
You will be part on the Data pod team and will be responsible for onboarding the data from organization sources systems to our new Data & Analytics platform on cloud. This opportunity will offer exposure to cloud tools and technologies and Data Frameworks build on modern Data tools stack using Spark, Scala , Java and cloud data technology stack.
- It is a part time opportunity with flexible work hours
- You will be responsible for Data Ingestion , troubleshooting, monitoring and reporting the progress
- Take on the opportunity to optimize the process and optimize the framework
- Interact and support the development and support team
- Technical documentation and presentation
- Status Reports
What you bring to the role ?
- Programming skills and core foundation in computer science
- Analytical skills for troubleshooting
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Technical documentation
- Must have excellent communication and organization skills
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).