This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6097
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Work closely with other departments (Corporate Underwriting, Pricing, ERM, Operations, Corporate Communications, IT) in identifying and providing a path to resolve defect or promote new enhancements to address impactful user experience concerns for IRCA. Guide the development and implementation of procedures coincidental with such changes.
- Support Underwriting quality by developing business requirements to analyse the current portfolio with the goal to identify risks that fall outside current IRCA appetite. Investigate these risks and engage underwriting departments providing direction
- Provide portfolio analysis to understand production trends, profitability KPIs and market competitors
What do you bring to the role?
- Strong technical Auto underwriting skills in IRCA
- CIP designation or willingness to complete this designation within a given timeframe
- Strong customer service, responsiveness, verbal and written communication skills and analytic skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills particularly in excel (SQL knowledge would be an asset)
- Strong organizational skills; Excellent problem-solving skills; able to gather information, analyse critically and cut through complexity to arrive at workable solutions and the ability to influence and effectively negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps build and maintain a culture of high performance and sustained profitable growth by promoting and supporting an environment that encourages productivity, collaboration, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism.
- Desire to learn
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).