Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
What can you expect in this role?
- Guide partners on a broad range of specific Technology Controls and Information Security programs, policies, standards and incidents.
- Assist with the execution of processes defined to respond to and recover from security incidents
- Implement and maintain tools aimed at preventing, detecting and analyzing security threats
- Assist with the identification of vulnerabilities in the Corporate IT environment as well as in the online platforms
- Seek the remediation of vulnerabilities identified internally/externally by communicating with relevant stakeholders
- Monitor systems for the unexpected activity to identify anomalous behaviour and events.
- Research and propose new or emerging technologies and tools that would enhance the Cyber Security posture.
- Effectively liaise and communicate with technology partners and key business stakeholders regarding information security incident events and trends.
- Define, implement and manage standards, operating procedures, and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize security, service availability, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Continually learning new attack vectors, new threats, and security framework expertise.
What do you bring to the role?
- Passion for Cybersecurity
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- University degree or college diploma in a relevant discipline
- Relevant industry related certification CISSP, GSEC, OSCP, GIAC, etc.
- Knowledge of industry-adopted frameworks and methodologies (MITRE ATT&CK, CIS, NIST, ISO, PCI-DSS, etc)
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques, firewalls, vulnerability management solutions, intrusion detection/prevention systems, endpoint protection, and SIEM solutions
- Holistic understanding of cloud integration and technologies (including SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS public and private cloud infrastructure)
- Proven ability to rapidly analyze complex technical security threats and incident information to be able to communicate business-impacting risks to non-technical audiences
- Experience with forensic investigations
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion in sensitive situations
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).