Your role reports to our Manager, Training and Quality. Your main responsibility is to mitigate operational risk. You will conduct quality reviews as assigned and analyze results from call, transactional and targeted reviews, ensuring knowledge gaps, emerging risks and trends are profiled along with recommended action plans. You will partner with key stakeholders to ensure that appropriate controls are embedded into business practices and training to address operational risks. You will review and document these controls on a regular basis as well as profile recommendations on any new risks as they arise within the operation.
You will be a key part in ensuring that Economical’ s Broker Assist Centre is providing unparalleled service and support to our brokers, customers, and internal stakeholders. This requires someone who is highly focused with a strong understanding of what makes customer service great from a learning and development perspective.
What can you expect in this role?
- Handle assigned quality reviews and analyze results of call/email, transactional and targeted reviews.
- Profile trends and issues along with recommendations to appropriate stakeholders. Partner with key stakeholders to ensure that appropriate controls are embedded into business practices/training to address operational risks.
- Through the quality review process, profile suggested process and workflow changes to promote efficiency and clarity across the Broker Assist Center. Leverage available data, identifying patterns and emerging trends and seek opportunities for improvements in collaboration with business teams.
- Support quality evaluation reporting activities and help review participant feedback to identify improvement opportunities for coaching and training purposes.
- Consistently communicate results in a timely manner knowing that communication can make or break a great customer service department.
- Be a constant learner and constant teacher - we all have something to share and to learn.
- Challenge the status quo and join us on the road less travelled.
- Fail fast and learn even faster.
- Always champion the service philosophy in everything you do and every meeting you are in. You help us create the gold seal standard in customer service and you challenge others both in the Contact Centre and in the broader organization to live up to the standard.
- Other duties as required
What do you bring to this role?
- Fluently bilingual in English and French, in both written and verbal communication
- University Degree in a discipline OR a two-year diploma from a provincially recognized and funded community college in a relevant field of study.
- CIP and licensed provincially an asset.
- Someone who has 3 or more years’ experience in Personal Lines insurance, preference in underwriting
- A working knowledge of Economical systems, products, and coverage offerings.
- Someone who has 5 or more years of experience in a similar role in a world-class customer service environment.
- Excellent at listening, making people feel heard and valued.
- A detail-oriented natural observer.
- Someone with strong analytical, time management and organizational skills, able to identify trends.
- A believer in servant leadership and an eternal student of service and learning
- Someone with advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledgeable with authoring tools and MS Office to support learning.
- Someone with a strong work ethic who leads by example - you work hard, play hard and expect nothing less from those around them.
- Someone who is not afraid to ask others for help when needed.
- Flexible to work at different times to run this operation.
** This is not an IT role **
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).