Your role reports to our Manager, Training and Quality. Your main responsibility is to deliver, design and develop incredibly engaging training that will stimulate trainees as well as create other training assets to help keep the knowledge alive. Last but definitely not least, you are a key part of the overall management team which means we need your help improve our training program, our knowledge base, and our quality programs overall.
You will be a key part in ensuring that Economical’ s Broker Assist Centre is providing unparalleled service and support to our brokers, customers, and internal stakeholders. This requires someone who is highly focused with a strong understanding of what makes customer service great from a learning and development perspective.
What can you expect in this role?
- Treat our front line teams as your customers ensuring they are supported, respected, and involved in creating training curricula.
- Facilitate training sessions with energy and pizazz (not pizza but if it helps…) on topics including but not limited to:
- Onboarding training to introduce Economical’ s philosophy, processes, systems, products and pricing, billing
- Process and systems training for continuous improvement initiatives
- On-the-job product and coverage training
- Customer experience coaching/training (e.g., customer service, negotiation skills, diffusion skills etc.)
- Leverage data from different sources to help the Training team design and develop innovative and engaging training solutions leading to unparalleled customer satisfaction by using the appropriate instructional methodology. It is all about the customer from design to servicing.
- Write concise, creative, and effective instruction for deliverables including design documents, storyboards, job-aids, prototypes, wiki’s, knowledge base articles, instructor, and participant materials.
- Evolve training and training materials in an organization obsessed with Customer Experience. It is all about the customer from design to service.
- Ensures that training content accurately aligns with our product offering, risk appetite, guidelines, systems, authority levels, processes, and workflows. Works closely with our Quality Analyst and Specialist teams to incorporate feedback/trends/emerging risks and gaps from various sources (i.e., quality reviews/broker feedback/specialist tracker) into training content.
- Supports training evaluation activities and helps review participant feedback to identify improvement opportunities for training development and delivery.
- Consistently communicate results in a timely manner knowing that communication can make or break a great customer service department.
- Partners effectively with HR, Business Development and Business Solutions Support to share leading practices and ensure successful training design, development, and delivery.
- Be a constant learner and constant teacher - we all have something to share and to learn.
- Challenge the status quo and join us on the road less travelled.
- Fail fast and learn even faster.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure strong two-way communications and ensure the Contact Centre gets the appropriate information to effectively handle our customer calls, and emails.
- Always champion the service philosophy in everything you do and every meeting you are in. You help us create the gold seal standard in customer service and you challenge others both in the Contact Centre and in the broader organization to live up to the standard.
- Other duties as required
What do you bring to this role?
- Fluently bilingual in English and French, in both written and verbal communication preferred
- Adult Education certification/accreditation or, is in the process of obtaining your Adult Education or Instructional Design certification, and/or who has an equivalent post-secondary education.
- CIP and licensed provincially an asset.
- 3 or more years’ experience in Personal Lines insurance, preference in underwriting
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar role in a world-class customer service environment.
- Excellent at listening, making people feel heard and valued.
- A detail-oriented natural observer.
- Creates the appropriate learning environment for in-person and virtual training delivery, incorporating creative techniques to enhance the training experience and maximize learning and retention
- Possesses an understanding of adult learning principles and best practice instructional methodologies in training delivery and adheres to these principles and methodologies in delivering both live and virtual training sessions
- A believer in servant leadership and an eternal student of service and learning
- Someone with advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledgeable with authoring tools and MS Office to support learning.
- Strong work ethic who leads by example - you work hard, play hard and expect nothing less from those around them.
- Someone who is not afraid to ask others for help when needed.
- Flexible to work at different times to run this operation.
** This is not an IT role **
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).