Sr Specialist (AMF Licensed), Large Complex & Specialty Claims
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6013
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : North York, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Manage a pending of complex personal and commercial property claims from start to finish
- Initiate and support salvage and subrogation procedures on assigned files to maximize recovery
- Engage all stakeholders in the effective management of a claim including underwriting, reinsurance, actuary and senior leadership
- Coach and Mentor junior staff
- Potentially manage (under direction, where necessary) a moderate pending of domestic and cross-border bodily injury claims, as needed
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in any discipline or a 2 year college diploma from a provincially recognized and funded community college or fully completed CIP designation
- Must hold an AMF Loss Adjuster License (5A)
- Must be bilingual (French and English)
- A minimum of 8 - 10 years general claims handling experience
- A minimum of 4 years claims experience handling large property claims
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with related business experience, particularly in commercial and field adjusting
- Preference will also be given to candidates who have experience handing bodily injury claims, given the potential for this role to incorporate a partial pending of casualty claims
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).