Accounts Payable Representative
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6008
Category : Finance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Location - Hybrid
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Payable and interacting with vendors as well as internal customers, the Accounts Payable Representative is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of payables in accordance with company policies, guidelines and established service levels.
What can you expect in this role?
- Receiving and managing of invoices
- Facilitating the allocation and approval process with the business unit utilizing workflow technologies and a customer services approach
- Ensuring all payments have the necessary approval
- Using the payment generation process with an operational efficiency approach;
- Using continuous efficiency analysis and review of procedures in an effort to improve efficiency, making suggestions to business units as appropriate
- Responding to and/or directing inquiries as appropriate
- Working on our corporate credit card program to ensure expense compliance
What do you bring to the role?
- Completed degree or diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum two years working experience in a receivables or payables environment
- Strong understanding of taxes and the application of in an invoice processing environment
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Performs well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in and support a team environment
- Demonstrated high level of customer service
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).