Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
What can you expect in this role?
- Plan and facilitate process analysis work for key initiatives in Personal Insurance
- Create process documentation (including process maps) through various means including workshops, observations, and interviews
- Understand and document current process performance through KPIs and customer experience data
- Apply various continuous improvement tools and techniques to identify causes of gaps between current and required performance
- Collaborate with and challenge stakeholders to ensure new designs embody continuous improvement principles and design will meet business requirements
- Understand business goals and objectives to help create a future state design that will meet or exceed expectations
- Challenge current thinking and not be bound by how work has been completed in the past
- Leverage continuous improvement tools and methodologies to both how you work and the designs you help create
- Provide support and training as needed on continuous improvement techniques within Personal Insurance.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree and 5+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities. Relevant industry experience is an asset.
- Training, knowledge, and hands-on experience using one or more of the following tools and systems is required: Lean, Six Sigma
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment with tight timelines
- High level of initiative with ability to complete tasks and projects on time and with expected outcomes.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw insights, understand the 'so what', and effectively communicate key findings. Highly proficient with excel, Visio, and other similar analysis and mapping tools.
- Superior facilitation skills to bring out the best in participants, create an environment that is highly collaborative, create strong buy-in, and transfer process improvement knowledge and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present data and information in a compelling way, and ability to influence and achieve support for change. Able to adapt communications to different audiences.
- Strong leadership skills including strong relationship building, effective conflict management, high integrity, self-awareness, empathy, and openness.
- Creative, innovative, and strategic thinker who pushes beyond how things are done today to imagine a better way, can see a way around barriers, and thinks about the big picture, long term direction.
** This is not an IT role **
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).