Manager, BAC Service
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5995
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Reporting to the Director, Broker Assist Centre, the Manager, BAC Service leads the teams that are the first point of contact for brokers requiring Personal Insurance support. You will be developing and implementing strategies to provide support, through multiple contact channels, that meets or exceeds brokers expectations. Through the delivery of consistent quality and efficient service you will be supporting the ambitious growth strategy of the Personal Insurance team. Partnering closely with the Manager, UW Operations and the Manager, Training & Quality; you will ensure we are operating within the defined risk appetite making sure profitability is not compromised by our growth.
As the successful candidate, you inspire customer confidence by driving continuous process improvement, consistently achieving our service level agreements (SLAs), and quality targets.
Please Note: This role will support our Broker Assist Centre (BAC) hours of operation which are: 7:30 am to 6:30 pm. Your core hours will fall within this range.
What to expect from this role?
- In alignment with the defined Personal Insurance Business Strategy, deliver industry leading broker support services through multiple channels (phone, email, chat) to enable profitable results.
- Define, implement, and continuously evolve the broker experience related to their interaction with the BAC.
- Develops, coaches, mentors, and manages the performance of direct reports, including identification of areas where performance improvement plans are needed to ensure achievement of business, functional and individual goals as well as performance against defined KPIs.
- Supports employee recognition and engagement activities. Activities may include supporting the development and release of engagement surveys, encouraging participation in the survey, analyzing engagement scores in comparison to targets and executing targeted engagement plans.
- Address all inquiries regarding phone and processing service levels as well as review escalations requiring manager-level involvement.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by consistently challenging traditional ways of thinking
- Identifies, implements, and supports continuous process improvements to drive increased productivity, efficiency, employee experience, and customer satisfaction
- Actively champions change initiatives within the BAC operations to build understanding and buy-in
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or College diploma in a relevant discipline
- Personal lines insurance industry experience preferred
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with prior people leadership experience
- CIP or commitment to work toward CIP
- Knowledge of Economical’s Personal Insurance product offering is an asset
- Demonstrate an ability to lead and manage a team in a busy and changing environment while fostering positive performance and engagement.
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to coach, develop, motivate, and retain staff.
- Service focused with a positive helpful attitude
- Excellent people skills and strong written/verbal communication skills
- Strong motivation and problem-solving skills.
- Attentive listener with the ability to anticipate and understand customer needs
- Successfully maneuver difficult conversations with ease while exercising empathy, patience, professionalism, and the use of positive language.
- Ability to handle surprises and to communicate effectively under pressure
- Demonstrates accountability to provide resolution
- Meticulous, detail focused coupled with strong computer literacy skills
- Familiarity with Guidewire is considered an asset
- Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).