Job ID : 5816
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
What can you expect in this role?
• IAM leadership and management of a team supporting access operations and governance
• Define and present KPIs/KRIs and dashboards to monitor IAM maturity and risk developments
• Management and oversight of Role Based Access Control (RBAC), Identity Governance (Attestation, Re-certification, Reconciliation), Identity Federation, Single Sign-On, Privileged Access Management
• Working with the technology teams with Directory Services including Active Directory, LDAP, ADFS and Azure AD
• Support the operation of Identity and Access Management Solutions (SailPoint, CyberArk, etc.)
• Contribute to governance, planning and delivery of enterprise-level IAM program based on zero-trust (Identity, access, privileged access, SSO federation, cloud, MFA)
• Facilitate the preparation and documentation of standard operating procedures and protocols
• Lead efficient communication between all project stakeholders, including internal teams and clients.
• Achieve business objectives through influencing and effectively working with key stakeholders.
• Attention to detail, strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related domain
• Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in information technology
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a management position
• Excellent knowledge and relevant experience in security domains related to Identity and Access Management and Operations.
• Strong planning, organization, and coordination (oral and written) skills
• Ability to manage your own and your team’s time and priorities
• Leadership, team spirit, creativity, rigour, performance, and engagement
• Ability to influence and negotiate to achieve a win-win result
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Customer focused and results-oriented skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple goals
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• A recognized certification in information security (an asset)
• Knowledge of the Financial Services industry regulations
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).