Analyst, Claims Control & Data
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5965
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Reporting to the Manager of Claims Control Data & Analytics, this role will be a key support for Claims Governance including the Claims Quality Assurance, Indemnity Control and Claims Risk and Control Teams. They will be accountable for administering the ClaimsMonitor File Review platform, ensuring both Operational and Governance requirements are met. As Claims transitions to Guidewire/ClaimCentre, the role will be the Project Owner for the ClaimsMonitor and GW/CC data integration, and liase with various stakeholders and system teams. In addition, the individual will support the Manager in the development of dashboards, KPIs/KRIs, as well as the monitoring and trending of those results and KPIs/KRIs. They will undertake critical analyses and reporting to provide insight and support to multiple business units (predominantly but not exclusively, Claims). Over time, this individual will liase with Advanced Analytics and Business Information teams, to identify critical data markers in Claims handling and control gaps to establish predictive controls. Overall, there will be a significant amount of collaboration involved in this role and the ability to adapt to different work styles is critical. The ability to accurately manage data sources, extracting/querying the data and structuring/integrating it in a meaningful way for analysis and reporting is key. Proficiency in excel, Tableau and PowerPoint is necessary, and attention to detail and critical thinking are also key skills. The ability to create and manage a database and experience using SQL and ClaimsMonitor would be considered assets.
What can you expect in this role
- Accountable for managing the ClaimsMonitor File Review platform, including deployments, data profiles, assessments, questionnaires and review reconciliations
- Co-owner and key liason for the ClaimsMonitor and GW/CC data integration
- Support the Manager in the development of Dashboards and KPIs/KRIs and undertake monthly, quarterly and annual analysis of results
- Accountable for various monthly and quarterly report productions, in collaboration with (and presenting to) the Claims Quality Assurance team, Operational Claims Management and/or various other stakeholders
- Contributing to the design, development and management of predictive analytics, in collaboration with the Manager and the Advanced Analytics team, to identify critical claims data markers and establish predictive claims controls (Claims Quality controls and Indemnity Management controls)
- Providing accurate and meaningful business information, on an adhoc basis, by using selected query tools or software applications (e.g., Power Query, ClaimsMonitor, Qlik or Tableau)
- Effective and proficient use Microsoft office software: Excel - to create databases and spreadsheet reports / Powerpoint - to present analysis of research findings / Word - to prepare written reports to accompany statistical data, analysis, etc.
What do you bring to the role?
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Property & Casualty Insurance Industry, Claims experience is preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in data analysis
- Naturally curious with a strong attention to detail, analytical and a professional skepticism
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to work with internal and external partners to meet objectives
- Adaptable team player, with strong stakeholder management skills, in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Results driven, deadline oriented, highly motivated and energetic, while remaining calm under pressure
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Customer focused (internal and external customers)
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).