Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
What can you expect in this role
- Management of all Intraday activities supporting the Customer Care Centre
- development & enhancement of scheduling policies & processes
- vacation planning for all contact centre front-line employees
- development, enhancement & execution of contingency plans in response to deviations between supply & demand
- responding proactively to emerging risks/issues preventing optimal service delivery
- in collaboration with operational leaders, development & implementation of solutions in response to unique needs/situations
- as needed, timely reporting of updates on ongoing service issues
- Development & management of new claim assignment processes in order to ensure a superior customer experience
- Development & maintenance of data repository to support the Workforce Optimization Team's forecasting, planning, monitoring & reporting activities
- design & development of data model required by Workforce Optimization Team
- in collaboration with Data & Operational Analysis team, implementation & maintenance of data model
- oversight of manual updates required to data repository
- Performance management & talent development of direct & indirect reports, including recruitment, training, engagement & career development
- Initiation and completion of various workforce management assignments requiring business analysis skills, most often in response to process and technology changes within the claims organization
- Preparation & presentation of analytical investigations on a variety of topics related to workforce management & performance, to a variety of audiences from mid-level to senior level management
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree
- 3 years of experience in operations management at Manager level, ideally with some experience in workforce management
- Solid analytical skills
- Proficiency with Excel
- Knowledge of Tableau is a definite asset
- Good PowerPoint building skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to adjust to a variety of audiences
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lead & inspire a team of technical specialists to strive towards a high standard of performance
- Ability to negotiate acceptable solutions which appropriately balance often conflicting priorities
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).