This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5978
Category : Enterprise Project Management Office
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
The Enterprise Project Management Office is hiring a Senior Agile Project Manager to lead large, complex, Finance and HR modernization initiatives in support of our Corporate Strategy. The successful incumbent will leverage their experience and expertise to lead agile ceremonies, guiding the day-to-day activities for the project teams and building strong relationships to ensure outcomes meet key performance indicators and stated benefits. The Senior Agile PM is responsible for managing the cost, scope, and timeline of multiple work streams, partnering with Program Managers, leaders, executives, and vendors on the status of projects.
What can you expect in this role:
- Deliver projects across the enterprise leveraging a solid understanding of business and IT practices, terminologies, and processes.
- Develop and execute an Integrated Project/Sprint Plan, JIRA roadmaps and drive successful delivery of the projects while efficiently managing scope, schedule, and budget constraints together.
- Build consensus among stakeholders to influence desired project outcomes, working regularly with Directors, AVPs and VPs reporting to C-level Executives.
- Work Closely with Technology, Delivery and Program Leads, to position and articulate the strategic and technology delivery plan for presentation to Executive level audiences.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies, lead team in estimations, remove impediments/ blockers, assess Agile delivery metrics and implement improvement opportunities.
- Establish and maintains project oversight, governance and ensure appropriate oversight committees are in place and conducted regularly.
- Work with Finance and project sponsors to track delivery costs and determine benefits realization post implementation.
- Negotiate changes in scope, budget or schedule with sponsor and steering committee. Ensures open and continuous communication around expectations, progress, challenges and risks.
What we are looking for:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline along with CSM, PMP or equivalent (Prince-2, PMI-ACP), SAFe certifications are an asset.
- 5+ years of Project Management and Technical Delivery experience with an emphasis on governance, resource planning, communication, risk, financial and stakeholder management.
- Experience leading and delivering large end to end Finance Modernization projects leveraging the Oracle eBusiness suite.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Lean, Scrum), Jira/Confluence, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Project, resource management and tracking tools (e.g., Clarity).
- Good written and verbal communication, strong leadership, negotiation, facilitation, reasoning, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to improvise strategically as well as possesses skills to dive deep into technical and problem details.
- Fast learner, self-sufficient and ability to influence and effectively negotiate with business and technical stakeholders.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).