Job ID : 5970
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Ottawa, Canada
The Broker Assist Centre (BAC) is investing in our capability to become more data driven in how we operate and make decisions. As a result, the Workforce Optimization team, including forecasting and analysis, play an integral role supporting the create and execution of Broker Assist Centre’s strategic plan. This team is relied upon to provide critical insights and advice to help inform the leadership team’s management of the business.
The Forecasting role is specifically responsible for capacity planning, on-going FTE review and financial modeling to improve efficiency within the BAC and contribute to increased profitability. This role is responsible for developing short-term and long-term forecasts for several BAC functions, monitoring transaction and call volumes, assessing changes in workflow and implementing changes to schedules, to ensure that the resource mix, skills and FTE are appropriate to meet current and future demand, service level agreements, KPIs and other performance metrics.
What can you expect in this role?
Forecasting & Reporting
- Determines Demand forecasts (Call volumes, handle times and queue management/Transactional volumes and touch times).
- Calculates Supply forecasts (Headcount, shrinking, hiring and attrition) for all lines of business and all authority levels to achieve SLAs and meet broker expectations.
- Assists in financial modeling process
- Works with Underwriting Leadership, HR Training, Sales & Distribution, IT and other key stakeholders to ensure all known future influences are captured and planned/budgeted for accordingly.
- Creates 'what-if' scenarios to determine impact on resources and/or workflow when changes are made to process, policy, pricing, or structure by line of business and authority level.
- Creates and delivers presentations summarizing all assumptions, key metrics, and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Identifies trends, analyze root cause, determine potential solutions, and implement and track changes related to forecasting and scheduling
- Continually monitors and revises forecasts, based on actual results
- In collaboration with the Team Leaders and Managers, this role is responsible for the daily management of all service channels.
- Delivers presentations and insights related to key business trends and areas of concern to BAC’s senior leadership team.
- Communicates interval performance results.
- Takes the lead in coordinating and deciding on real time action plans, with Team Leaders and other WFO team members, as required.
- Provides guidance and recommendations for floor management and implementing next steps to meet KPIs and achieve service level objectives.
- Provides input and root cause analysis on actual performance against planned forecasts and can articulate reasons for breaching SLA.
- Transfers knowledge of workforce management concepts and contact centre best practices to the Operational leadership
What do you bring to this role?
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent work experience (business, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, engineering, programing, etc.)
- 5+ years of progressive, hands-on Contact Centre experience with a minimum of 3+ of workforce optimization experience managing high-quality, cost-effective forecasting and scheduling.
- Strong analytical and intuitive skills with the ability to reason logically, recognize assumptions, and assess (quantify) impacts
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau and MS Excel, including PivotTables, data search and comparison techniques, conditional tests, and macros.
- Highly organized, independent and able to handle multiple requests in order of priority
- Has the ability to work within a team, under pressure in an ever-evolving and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present data and information in a compelling way, and ability to influence and achieve support for change. Able to adapt communications to different audiences.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).