Advisor, Claims Sharing Economy
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5968
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
- Perform audits of APD, AB and BI Sharing Economy Claims. Provide guidance to leaders on action plans, performance management of reoccurring issues and provide support to leadership on implementation of controls to validate impacts of remediation plans. Manage internal and external resources that support this work.
- Recommend and influence any necessary changes to company policies, guidelines and best practices. Provide advisory and consultative services on claim file management, claims process effectiveness, risk management and control on process changes, existing processes and ad hoc requests. Provide technical training and support to leaders and adjusters. Attend large loss on behalf of Sharing Economy and liaise closely with adjusters handling large loss claims for this portfolio.
- Support the director in gathering and analyzing data, metrics, performance and productivity of Sharing Economy Claims. Provide guidance and recommendations to leaders on actions to continuously improve the Sharing Economy operations. Lead projects that drive efficiencies and innovation. Support leaders with new initiatives and guide them on strategies to implement changes and sustained benefits.
- Act as complaint resolution manager and oversee complaint escalations that are raised above team leader level or that have come directly from our Sharing Economy Clients. Oversee Ombudsman complaints and support/guide/assist team leaders in resolving complaints that have escalated to their level.
Your Skills and Experience
- University Degree in a discipline OR a two year diploma from a provincially recognized and funded community college in a relevant field of study.
- Minimum 5 years Accident Benefits and Bodily Injury adjuster experience. Prior leadership an asset. Quality reviewer experience an asset.
- CIP and licensed provincially an asset.
- Strong AB & BI technical skill
- Collaborative approach, exceptional at coaching and mentoring, great problem solver, innovative thinker who can challenge the status quo. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
- French ability is as asset as French file reviews are required.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).