Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
Who Were Looking For:
- You have exceptional customer service skills and ask thoughtful questions to understand customer needs
- You are constantly and actively looking for ways to add value to customers in the change management process
- You are well versed in applying the ITIL framework to assess and manage change risks while maintaining speed and agility to allow for continuous deployments in an agile environment.
- You are self-aware, self-motivated and demonstrate strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- You have stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Managing the end-to-end change management process covering the change lifecycle, providing metrics and reporting, and driving process improvements.
- Maintaining and providing continuous improvement to existing/new change request documentation, technical assessments and consolidated change schedule
- Facilitating Technical Advisory Board meetings (TAB), Change Approval Board meetings (CAB), including Emergency CAB meetings (ECAB), to review and receive from stakeholders an appropriate action: adjust/approve/reject requests and proposals for change
- Change Management Methodology & Tools
- Defining policies governing all types of changes to meet future needs.
- Provides input into the selection of and leverages a centralized ITIL ticketing and reporting system
- Creating and disseminating documentation of processes and procedures related to changes and change management
- Using change management policies and procedures to document, track, assess impacts/risks and approve changes to the environment
- Investigating any issue or risk from planned changes that could significantly impact day-to-day business operations and reporting to Operations leadership
- Ensuring all change management processes and procedures are in line with appropriate compliance, regulatory, and internal control standards of Definity
- Working closely with other ITSM managers/teams to ensure alignment between areas
- Managing the day-to-day relationship and delivery of an IT vendor across a specific contract, ensuring smooth day-to-day delivery of change solutions or services
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with business representatives and other IT leaders
You’re Skills & Experience:
- University Degree or college diploma in computer science, information systems, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience supporting Information Technology operations
- 5+ years of Change Management experience
- Experience working in the DevOps world of continuous deployment where change is part of the culture and processes.
- ServiceNow experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent baseline understanding of technical aspects of changes, including infrastructure, security, database and application changes
- Excellent understanding of a project's life cycle
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).