Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
What can you expect in this role?
- Accept investigate and assess the magnitude and implications of system-related production issues quickly and effectively, and resolve and present the best approach to resolution
- Provide 2nd level assistance for all business-critical applications in the enterprise by utilizing the comprehension of key business services (Underwriting, Claims, Billing, Corporate ).
- Resolve any issues associated with an external broker and customer-facing systems and internal IT to determine the best approach to a resolution, and provide recommendations to management
- Work to ensure existing production issues/problems are minimized or eliminated through creative problem solving, automation and a solid concept of products, technology and people
- Quarterback escalations (P1/P2) with a focus to ensure the escalation process is adhered to. You’ll act as a liaison for dialogue between the varying business units, IT support personnel and core liaison for external vendors and Economical
- Analyze application logs, and infrastructure during live incidents
- Work with developers and QE to come up with creative ways of automating manual monitoring and any other manual processes
- Ensure service levels are met in providing assistance, including accepting ownership of the incident from identification to closure or reassigning code defects to the appropriate team for handling
- Monitor services and perform trend analysis to take proactive steps to action unnecessary customer impacts and escalate as appropriate
- You’ll take ownership for reviewing complex errors, consulting and delegating work to the operations team for handling or in extreme situations, direct handling
- Responsibilities will require being “on call”, and may require evening and weekend work in response to the needs of the systems being assisted.
What do you bring to the role?
- 10 Months Contract position with Definity
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in production assisting environments; including testing multiple systems and processes
- Experience with concepts such as centralized monitoring, centralized logging and alerting
- Experience with Linux, bash
- Experience with AppDynamics, ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluence, and Jenkins is a plus
- knowledge related to Digital, Guidewire and integration products and Service Now ITSM modules (incident, problem and change). Certifications and education include: ITIL V3 Foundation, Guidewire, GIE and IIC will be added advantage
- An in-depth comprehension of IT Service Management, Technical assistance and troubleshooting, in an Enterprise scale environment
- Excellent communication skills, client-focused and results-oriented
- Cloud Platform technologies are highly preferred, AWS and or Azure
- Knowledge of Kubernetes desired
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Exceptional take-charge attitude with a strong sense of urgency
- An ability to prioritize and organize effectively to meet deadlines
- An ability to manage and handle multiple tasks and deadlines from a number of different stakeholders
- Solid communication and relational skills
- Open to work on On-call roster
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).