What can you expect in this role?
- You’ll assess, accept, and decline new business submissions
- You’ll re-underwrite and negotiate renewals, and policy endorsements
- You’ll negotiate the terms and conditions of risk acceptance with brokers in writing, by telephone, electronic mail or in person
- You’ll develop and maintain positive broker relations
- You’ll participate in production calls on brokerage offices, as required
- You’ll provide technical support to brokers
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in any discipline or a 2 year diploma from a publicly recognized and funded college or a completed CIP designation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Commercial Lines underwriting
- Established relationships with the following brokers would be considered an asset: Aon, BFL, HUB, Gallagher and Marsh
- Strong analytical skills; able to quickly interpret data, information, reports
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Strong ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
- You’re professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, with both customers and co-workers
- You perform well in a busy environment and remains calm under pressure
- You’re a team player that is adaptable to a changing environment
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in French and good English skills
- You have strong problem solving abilities
- You have well developed analytical skills.
- You can weigh many complex factors to ultimately make sound decisions, and explain your rationale
- Your work ethic drives you to take on challenges and see them through to completion
- You collaborate well will others, sharing your ideas, and listening to and integrating those of others
- Fluency in both English and French, oral and written.