Sr Claims Representative, Transportation Logistics
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5909
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Vancouver, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Reporting to the Transportation Logistics Team Leader, the Senior Transportation Logistics Representative is responsible for the investigation, negotiation, and settlement of first party automobile towing and storage claim matters for personal or commercial auto claims. This also includes claims of high complexity where the representative would be a subject matter expert on bylaws and regulations of the Repair and Storage Liens Act and Consumer Protection laws. The representative will be responsible for determining the appropriate transportation arrangements required to quickly resolve disputes and mitigate costs. In addition, the representative will maintain workload within established guidelines, and be able to determine if a referral to technical resources is required (SIU, Subro, CTA, and Legal). The representative is professional, friendly, and courteous in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders while managing common mailboxes, and telephone inquiries. That means this person remains calm under pressure, the incumbent performs well in a busy environment, and demonstrates a willingness and flexibility to learn while taking on new challenges. The candidate's overall business approach includes teamwork, ownership, critical thinking, and prioritization with a mitigation mindset. The incumbent is adept at navigating through numerous systems and screens quickly and efficiently. The incumbent must be confident in order to identify emerging industry trends while being agile in their approach to daily assigned tasks.
- Conduct comprehensive claim reviews and investigations to confirm legitimacy of towing and storage charges against regulatory bylaws. Interpret and apply policy wordings to determine appropriate coverage under a customer’s policy. Identify when to send referrals to technical resources such as SIU, Subro, CTA, and Legal teams.
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional claims teams to mitigate towing and storage costs and claim exposures. Conduct trainings as a subject matter expert with APD teams on towing and storage mitigation, and best practices. Engage in ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
- Review, approve, negotiate, and settle towing and storage disputes, and payments to towing vendors. Liaise with vendors, repair shops, tow yards, legal partners, and other parties to negotiate towing and storage settlements, and attend court settlement conferences.
- Manage daily assigned work such as LH-Tow tasks, emailed fees and invoices, not released emails, urgent and complex matters, MS Teams messages, calls, etc.
- Maintain detailed file records by entering pertinent data into the appropriate systems. Review and pay invoices from vendors and external contacts. Complete ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- Mentor junior team members to appropriately review, approve, negotiate, and settle towing and storage disputes and payments to towing vendors.
- Technical Skills: High proficiency with Windows based programs, insurance systems such as Guidewire, and excellent keyboarding skills.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).