Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
What can you expect in this role?
- Be a “hands on” leader in the corporate strategy team
- Act as an “in-house management consultant” – apply strategic thinking to solve complex Corporate Strategy problems
- Be constantly challenged by varying challenges that each require unique problem-solving methods and frameworks
- Support deliverables that will shape decision-making by the executive team and Board
- Engage with a wide spectrum of functional executives across the organization
- Independently drive analysis to arrive at options and recommendations using a hypothesis and data driven approach
- Support to drive innovation agenda working with a cross-functional team
- Support the research & development of POV on emerging / new to company ideas
- Support the leadership team with development of presentation decks that communicate information and ideas effectively and simply
- Do all this in a fun and supportive team led by leaders who encourage pursuit of your passions and ambitions
- Work-life balance and flexibility with no overnight travel (remote work during COVID-19)
What do you bring to the role?
- 6+ years of strategy experience gained at a top-tier management consulting firm, internal corporate strategy role, or equivalent
- P&C insurance industry experience is desired but not necessary
- Experience in evaluating new business opportunities, developing go-to-market strategies, and business model assessments
- Experience building business cases to support strategy execution
- Strong business acumen, with demonstrated aptitude for strategic, analytical and critical thinking
- Ability to partner with senior leaders to drive engagement and support decision making
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams and driving high quality output
- Ability to the research & develop POVs on emerging / new to company ideas
- Exceptional written presentation skills, with the ability to prepare informative and impactful presentation decks to express complex ideas graphically
- Acute attention to detail and strong commitment to producing excellent work products
- Ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel is required
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).